Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Run safely

Another 4 miles and another first. I was almost hit by a car! That's never happened before. I was almost through the intersection when the driver decided to turn into me. Thank goodness she didn't hit me, but it was shocking. Then for the rest of the run, I was angry.

Unfortunately, it all came together to distract me and I ran more slowly than was necessary. It was a good run and if I'd been paying attention, I could have gotten a better pace out of it.

On my training plan, I noticed that this week's runs are 3, 4, 5 and 6 miles long. Due to my schedule this week, the 5-mile and the 6-mile will be back-to-back on Friday and Saturday.

I saw on Facebook that Peak 4 Poverty's team made it to the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro! Congratulations to them all! Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro is a fundraiser for the same orphans of Tanzania for which I'm raising money. So if you aren't into running, but would like to climb the highest point in Africa, you might treat yourself to an adventure of your very own.

From the website:
Peak 4 Poverty envisions a sustainable model for educating the orphans of Tanzania, by building a framework to educate them and prepare them to move beyond the vicious cycle of poverty and AIDS. The end results would be a society that is educated and aspires to be successful in the world.

No comments: