Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Race photos! Or: The camera hates me

I will need to check with the powers that be, but I believe I have reached my financial goal for this project! Let there be rejoicing!

You may notice I still need to run 9 miles. I have a race on October 30 that's a 5-mile, but I may decide to do the 5k that morning. Maybe it just depends on the weather. Let's say I run 3 miles. That leaves me six miles I need to run this week. I'm running this evening, but I don't know how long. 

I promised some running photos. They're all incredibly awful, so don't say I didn't warn you. This is me and Tami coming into the finish line. I have the gloves in my left hand and the crazy hair going on. I'm in two shirts. I had planned to take off the long-sleeved shirt, but I never needed to. More on this in a moment.


This is the two of us at the finish line. I like the heat sheets because I've always needed them in the past. I had a cardiac treadmill test last December and the tech told me from what she saw in the results and the at the end of my test, that I need to sit down after a race. She said the way it makes me feel is because I've stopped and my heart recovers so quickly, it sort of throws my body into a moment or two of confusion as to what's going on. I have never passed out, but she said I could. At the end of the this race, though, I ended up not needing to sit down because why? 

Right. I didn't try to kill myself out on the course. In case you missed the message. Please keep up.

I am smiling in the horrible photo below. So is Tami. I think we're happy, but perhaps we're being witty. Maybe both. 


We were pretty darn pleased with ourselves. Note to self: do something about the bangs when they get too long. 

Here's a finish line photo from last month in Ohio. I look determined in this photo, which must be why it's still in the collection. I don't remember doing anything violent or scary, but it seems to me the worst of the photos have been burned disappeared.



Lastly, I forgot to point out how crooked my bib number is. I was getting into the higher miles when I realized I wasn't feeling warm enough to take off my shirt, so I began the process of transferring my bib to my outer shirt. It's a bit of a running challenge to do this - the sort of thing I didn't practice in months of training. Obviously. Because it's super crooked.

But if they can't see my bib number, they can't assign my beautiful photos and video on www.marathonfoto.com.

 In case you'd care to stalk super ugly photos of running.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the post, the photos and again congratulations. You are an amazing inspiration!

Caron said...

Hey, Sofia! Thank you.

Cindy said...

It is wonderful that you have such a BIG smile at the end of 13.2 miles!!!

Rambling Woods said...

How can any photos of people doing something they love which makes them sweaty be anything but wonderful...You would only be able to get a photo of me on the gurney if I tried that...hugs to you...

Lauren said...

I've always said Brightroom (the race photo people) have ruined my image of myslef running. We're all so hard on ourselves. Look at the group photos though, everyone looks terrible running (except you of course).

Caron said...

You guys all make me laugh! Thanks and Lauren, I know you're right about that.