Thursday, June 9, 2011

50 miles down!

I hit 50 miles today! I'm pretty excited about it. Tonight's run was supposed to happen this morning, but severe weather kept me from it. I envisioned a fleet-footed run in a cool breeze, but instead I got a clomping, painful stomp.

Wanting to quit and go home, I somehow drummed up enough stupidity stubbornness to keep going. At some point it dawned on me that it's possible my shoes need to be replaced. I have been rotating four pair, but this pair I wore tonight have been used the most. I'll retire them and try another pair on Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

Wow..I bet you do need some new running shoes..thanks for changing the comment thing....

Caron said...

You betcha on the comments. I'm calling my PT today. I wonder if it is my PT or shoes.