Thursday, June 16, 2011

Are runners loopy?

Yesterday I flew to Dayton to my mom's house. My niece is here and I have some things planned to have fun with her while I'm here doing my thing.

So the first thing I do with my teenaged niece is go for a three-mile run. She isn't a runner, so she must love me. We went to the Cox Arboretum, which my regular blog friends will recognize as where I spent much of March and April this year.

At the arboretum, there are trails that aren't long enough to really go straight out for running, so I loop around and around. I've only ever seen other runners on the trails that go through the woods, so I think I will feel stupid looping over and over. But then I get there and it's pretty and the trails are smooth and I don't really feel stupid after all. Every time I saw her I asked her how long I'd been running. Once I couldn't see her because she was sitting in a tree.

Today's schedule was for a three-mile hills run. Right close is a huge hill. On the hill are a bunch of houses. I ran over there and then looped up and down, up and down, up and down for the majority of the three miles. I just have to ask if other runners loop like I do or do they go out and back. I don't know enough runners to ask.

When I headed out, the wind was at me and I thought it would be nice coming home with the wind at my back. Either the wind died down or I get to a point where I don't feel it anymore. The trees were still moving, so I leave it to you.

Anyway, at the top of this enormous hill are three cul-de-sacs. Exhibiting my mad skillz with the Paint program, I have drawn my route for you. You're welcome.


You'll have to trust me about the hill

Lastly, I checked Dayton's Groupon yesterday and no, you will not believe it when I tell you it was for a local running store. For shoes. I need a new pair. I clicked, I printed, I bought. And I think I may have a group with which to run on Saturday morning. BONUS!

I asked about the set up for the Saturday morning run, especially distance, and you know what he said?

We loop around and around the Panera.

I think I have my answer.

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

I love the drawing...@:}