Monday, June 13, 2011

I ran fast and lived to tell the story


A nice hat would control my hair...



After the last two runs, I wasn't sure what to expect today. I worked late and had a stressful day, so when I finally got home I immediately changed and hit the street.

Stress must be a good thing for my running because (spoiling the surprise and all) I ran REALLY WELL!!

I decided rather than doing the easy run on my schedule, I would do my race pace run for the week. Race pace for me last year was a 10-minute mile. Tonight I did a 9:06 overall pace and I promise you most of that was at 9 or less.

Let me point out: 1. I am still alive; 2. I am currently breathing like a normal person; and 3. Nothing on me hurts.

This run wasn't even ugly until the last .26 miles. Ugly for me being a run during which I feel like death looks good. I ran pretty nicely tonight, had a good attitude and I avoided two scary, enormous dogs. They were taking a human for a walk and he looked too laid back for my preference. Then I realized that I'm becoming a crotchety old lady when it comes to dogs and their owners. But these dogs were, um...what are they called? They're like bull dogs only they're HUGE. My friend has one...well, I can't think. Not enough oxygen to the brain for awhile there. They were scary, that's all.

But who cares? I ran like the wind. If by wind you mean a huffing and puffing monster with fuzzy hair already made wiry by a stressful day, then yes. Like the wind.

I just had a thought. Maybe the dogs are afraid of me what with the hair and the gasping for breath?

3 comments:

Rose said...

I just finished a book that made me cry....now your blog makes me almost cry from laughing...thank you. I needed that!

Rose said...

I forgot to say congratulations on a good run!

Rambling Woods said...

Maybe I should try just walking..short walks that don't overdo as my doctors says..would I feel accomplished or worse that I couldn't walk father...